Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Hero

As September 11th gets closer and closer I am reminded of the mighty men that risked their lives that awful day when the towers went down, and I get a little choked up because my hubby is working on becoming one of those valiant men. Right now he is a volunteer with the Kirkland Dept. and I couldn't be prouder! People often ask me if I am scared of this new found dream of his, and to be quite honest I was terrified at first... then I remembered that I belive that when it is our time to go, it's our time to go... what would I want my husband to be doing when it's his time to go? I want him to be saving a life...
My husband is a VERY service oriented man and that is one of my favorite things about him, so was I shocked when he told me of his new dream just over a year ago? No... this was always him, wanting to help people in any way, shape or form!
I JUST LOVE HIM!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! It takes a very rare hero, indeed, to serve in this way. We are all grateful for Anthony!

    ReplyDelete